11.11.2008

Tara's Roast Beef and Cheddar Sandwiches

Homemade Roast Beef Sandwiches with Irish Cheddar and various apples and horseradish mayo... mmmm.

I bought nice rolls from a bakery in Queens, Irish Cheddar from Whole Foods, 3 different varieties of apples (I wish I could remember which) from the Union Square Greenmarket, mixed horseradish with Hellman's, but I made roast beef for the first time. And here is how:

Roast beef ingredients:
3-- 3.5 lb. boneless roast (I asked my butcher which cut was best, but I am not sure what it was)
Olive oil
10 cloves of garlic
Salt and pepper

1. Start with the roast at room temp. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. With a sharp knife make 10 slits in the roast. Put a clove of garlic into each slit. Rub some olive oil all over the roast. Salt and pepper the roast.
3. Place the roast on the oven rack with the fatty side up. Put a pan on the rack underneath to catch any drippings.
4. Brown the roast for half an hour. Lower the heat to 225°F. Roast for between 2 and 3 hours then check the temperature with a meat thermometer. Inside temp. should be 135° and 140°F. Let roast rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
5. Eat and eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment